The biggest store for locating information about properties for sale is the MLS. You can get some information about these properties but to really be able to access useful information about the properties listing on the MLS you need the services of a Realtor.
Your Realtor will assist you in establishing the criteria for your search for an ideal home. Considerations include:
- Which cities are you considering purchasing in?
- How close do you need and want to be to CBD’s?
- Which School Districts do you want to be in?
- What can you afford?
- What type of home do you want to live in?
- The criteria for the home you want to live in such as number of bedrooms, bathrooms, garage, living rooms. pools etc.
The more you can clarify in your mind what you want, the more rewarding the experience will be.
Your Realtor will be able to set up a search based on your criteria and have properties matching this criteria sent to your personal email as and when matching properties come on the market.
You can also set up your own search which you can control by clicking here.
We recommend that you shortlist at least 5 properties to look at and then ask your realtor to set up for you to be able to get access to view these properties.
After each home that you look at, grade it on a scale of 1 to 5 on how likely you would be to buy it. At the end of the process, only look at the properties with the highest grade – there is a reason you graded them above the rest and it will simplify your search.